As I have stated in previous posts, my husband and I will be traveling to Italy in the summer of 2018. We are beyond thrilled. The flight and hotel are booked. We are staying less than a mile away from the Trevi Fountain and Colosseum.
Since I have started blogging, I’ve noticed lots of traffic from individuals in other countries (even those from Italy). So, I am asking so kindly for some advice, tips, and help. Furthermore, I promise to mention your comments and recommendations here once we visit. I have done much research in the past few months, but I trust locals more than a few ads on the computer. Sure, I know how to dress in the churches and simple Italian phrases to get me by, but I want to know about the hidden tips, best food places, and what everyone should see on their first trip to Rome.
So…I have 5 days in Italy. One day for Florence and one day in the Vatican. The other three days are completely devoted to Rome. Here are my questions that I’m hoping you as my reader will help me out:
- Where are the best places to eat in Rome? You know…the places the locals actually go and are not filled with tourists.
- What are the absolute must see sites in Rome (or around) and Florence?
- What should every new traveler experience during their Italian getaway?
- Any hidden tips or help when visiting the Vatican?
- What is something you wish tourists knew and what helps a tourist blend in as much as possible?
As always, thank you for your help folks. Your input helps us all when traveling abroad!